Company ProfileAbout Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A), a global leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets, is the premier laboratory partner for a better world. Agilent works with customers in more than 100 countries, providing instruments, software, services and consumables for the entire laboratory workflow. Agilent generated revenues of $4.04 billion in fiscal 2015. The company employs about 12,000 people worldwide. Agilent focuses on life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets with customers from analytical and diagnostics laboratories around the world. Agilent provides complete workflow solutions: custom packages of equipment, software, services, informatics, consumables, and most of all, knowledgeable people who partner with customers to achieve their goals. The passion of Agilent is helping customers solve real-world problems.
Highlights of Agilent’s Solutions in 6 key markets:
• PHARMA: We help customers speed drug discovery, development and manufacturing.
• RESEARCH: Our analytic products support every step of multi-omics integrated biology research.
• DIAGNOSTICS: Our products enable pathology labs to meet accreditation demands and reach accurate diagnoses faster.
• FOOD: We help safeguard the global food chain with solutions for food safety, quality and authenticity.
• ENVIRONMENTAL & FORENSICS: We provide environmental labs with the tools to test water, air and soil. Our solutions help law enforcement identify illicit drugs and analyze evidence
• CHEMICAL & ENERGY: From crude oil, natural gas and refining to specialty chemicals and alternative fuels, we help customers meet quality, safety, regulatory and environmental standards.
How Agilent is touching lives around the world:
• Dako’s new antibodies detect the presence of pre-cancerous cells for lymphoma and leukemia.
• Agilent’s GC/MS and LC/MS help find new metabolic markers that may change how we treat heart disease.
• Agilent solutions detect extremely low levels of heavy metals, such as lead, helping to keep air, water and soil safe.
• Agilent has helped create the first database that enables scientists to test for 700+ known and unknown pesticides.
Agilent’s support of universities and thought Leaders:
Agilent’s scientists and technical staff collaborate on academic research. Our products are found in leading research and teaching laboratories. Our global connection to academia also includes educational support, recruitment of top university talent and philanthropy. Through its Thought Leader Program, Agilent supports scientific advancements by leading researchers around the world. We contribute financial support, products and expertise to research in the life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets.